The initial discussion between the prospective client and our Affordable Calgary Web team is free. The maximum timeframe of one hour will allow us to discuss your requirements. This applies to in-person, or verbally by phone or video conferencing such as via Skype or Zoom. Once you give us a general idea of your needs, we will be able to estimate the project time based on our experience with similar sized projects.
Subsequent discussions of specific website details are considered part of project time. This applies to discussions by e-mail, text, telephone, video conferencing or in person.
Payment Methods " Schedules
Affordable Web Design Ltd and its affiliates accept payment via E-transfer, Visa, Master Card, and company cheques. All estimated project fees, as explained in the schedule below, are due before we start work on your project.
- Projects estimated at up to and including $2500.00 for the design portion of the project: we require payment equal to the estimated amount in full, including applicable taxes.
- Projects with Programming modules up to and including $2500: we require payment equal to the estimated amount of the programming nneds in full, including applicable taxes.
- For designs which have been estimated at over $2500.00 for the design component of the project, we require a deposit of $2500.00 + 1/2 of the remainder of the estimated design cost plus applicable taxes on that portion, before we begin the project.
- For programming which has been estimated at over $2500.00 for the programming component of the project, we require a deposit of $2500.00 + 1/2 of the remainder of the estimated design cost plus applicable taxes on that portion, before we begin the project.
- The balance of the remaining amount is then due within 7 calendar days after we advise you that we have substantially completed your project.
- Any credit on file for your account will be applied towards future work for the same client within one year from the date of overpayment. Credits are not transferable.
- For yearly domain name registration, we require the fee in full before we register the domain in the name of the client. Domain name registration fees are non-refundable.
- For yearly hosting services, we require the fee for the full year, in advance. Yearly hosting fees are non-refundable.
- All accounts are due upon receipt of invoice. Interest charges of 2.5% per month may be applied to all unpaid accounts beyond 30 days from date of issuance of invoice.
- Automatic Renewals - as a service to our clients, we keep track of the expiration of domain names and hostings for all accounts registered on our server.
- We will pay out for the renewal on your behalf to our affiliated third party providers prior to expiration, in order to avoid any disruption in service.
- We are not responsible for any non-associated third party renewal of domain names or hosting services.
- Should you want to cancel your domain name renewal on our affiliated third party Registrar server, we must receive a minimum of 14 days notice prior to the expiration of your domain name, otherwise we will automatically renew on your behalf and invoice you for the services.
- Should you want to cancel your hosting service renewal on our affiliated third party Hosting Server, we must receive a minimum of 14 days notice prior to the expiration of your yearly hosting service, otherwise we will automatically renewa on your beahlf and invoice you for the services.
Should project completion be delayed beyond 4 weeks from the date the deposit was received due to the client's inability to provide us with all necessary information for whatever reason within that timeframe, the following will apply:
- We will generate an invoice to cover any work done up to that point, and payment will then be due upon receipt of invoice.
- We will continue the project at a later date when the client is ready to continue.
- Should you have paid for a project but decide not to continue it for whatever reason, your payment/deposit is not refundable. However, any unused portion will be kept as a credit on your account. This credit can be transferred to someone else, with your approval, but must be used within one year of original payment.
- A $50.00 + applicable tax administration fee will be applied to all NSF returned cheques.
- The invoice amount plus the administration fee must be paid immediately by E-transfer. A replacement payment by cheque will not be accepted.
Delinquent Accounts / Suspension
- In the case of accounts which are more than 30 days overdue from date issuance of invoice or advice of project completion, a 2.5% per month late fee may be applied.
- In the case where payment for completed work has been refused or intentionally delayed by the client, Affordable Web Design Ltd and its affiliates reserve the right to apply a visible suspension status to the website and remove the website content from the server until such time as payment has been received.
- Should we be forced to suspend your account, a $200 reinstatement fee will be added to your outstanding amount. Once payment has been received in full, the website will be reinstated.
- In the case of non-payment of domain name registration/renewal and/or hosting, we reserve the right to apply a visible suspension status and remove the website content, as well as to change the registrant information to our name until outstanding accounts, including any late fees or reinstatement fees, have been paid in full.
- In the case of non-payment for logo design, photography, content writing, or any other services that have been provided to a client through Affordable Web Design Ltd or its affiliates, the client forfeits all rights to the use of such logo design, photographs, or the benefit of other services, and the ownership of said designs, photos and other reverts to Affordable Web Design Ltd.
- Once payment and any applied interest, as well as any other applicable fees, have been received, Affordable Web Design Ltd. will endeavour to reinstate the website content as it was before it was suspended.
- Delinquent accounts, either those of 60+ days, or where there is refusal or intentional delay of payment for work already done, may be subject to further processing by an affiliated collection agency on behalf of Affordable Web Design Ltd. The delinquent account holder is then responsible for the collection agency fee (35% of total outstanding), in addition to any outstanding account balance, including all late fees and other administration fees.